- This event has passed.
Becoming a Dad – Fatherhood for Gay Men Through Surrogacy
December 5 | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Interested in becoming a gay dad? Fertility specialist John Norian, MD, FACOG, discusses fatherhood through surrogacy in a special seminar for the Los Angeles area LGBT Community.
Encouraging you to think of his seminar as Surrogacy 101, Dr. Norian plans to discuss how gay couples and single gay men can achieve fatherhood through surrogacy. He is actively involved in all of the detailed clinical care separating him from other practices which helps to ensure the highest success rates with a warm patient-centered experience.
You can expect to take away a better understanding of key issues:
- What to expect throughout the surrogacy process
- An overview of the timeline and costs involved in surrogacy
- The IVF medical process and modern advances to fertility treatments
- The role and importance of a Patient Advocate
- How egg donation works
- Selecting an ideal surrogate
- The importance of genetic screening of embryos
- IVF treatment for HIV+ men
- Legal musts and must-nots
- Expert advice will be available about the legal process, insurance and escrow, and an overview of costs and timelines. Toward the seminar’s close, you will have an opportunity to ask questions or to schedule a private consultation. Seminar attendees receive a voucher valued at $400 towards an initial consultation.
John Norian, MD, FACOG (Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists), is a fertility specialist who is double board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility and in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Norian received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley and a medical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons. He completed his residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York and a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Norian has authored more than 25 original peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters focusing on reproductive biology and infertility, presenting abstracts at national and international meetings. Dr. Norian is a lifelong supporter of the LGBT+ community and is an advocate for helping intended parents of all kinds achieve the dream of parenthood. With some of the highest success rates in the field, Dr. Norian has helped create hundreds of LGBT+ families.
Thursday, December 5, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., HRC Fertility presents expert family building panel led by Dr. John Norian, MD, FACOG, who discusses fatherhood through surrogacy for gay couples and single gay men. Seminar with Q&A. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for mingling and seat selection.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center – The Village at Ed Gould Plaza, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles CA 90038
Single, $15; Pair, $25. Space limited. To guarantee seating, best to pre-register; sorry, no refunds or exchanges. Pre-registration ends at noon on December 5. Pocket a copy of your online receipt; thanks! $15 at the door per person. Walk-ins welcome, space permitting; cash preferred at the door.