Just as work, life and commitments can energize us and give us super-charged purpose, they can also wear us down and take away our vitality. When that happens, it’s hard to grasp what’s going on.
Are you full of vim and vigor or nearing a total burnout? Take our test and find out!
(You’ll need a pencil for this one.)
- Experience indifference (don’t care)?
- Lose your sense of humor and take life too seriously?
- Experience doubt or indecision?
- Experience worry and anxiety?
- Feel pessimistic or overcautious?
- Experience stress or feel nervous or tense?
- Feel irritable or oversensitive?
- Experience difficulty concentrating and loss of clear thought?
- Experience inadequate energy or fatigue?
- Use coffee, tea, tobacco, sugar or other stimulants as an energy/mood pick-me-up?
- Experience nervous indigestion?
- Experience loss of sex drive?
- Experience difficulty sleeping?
- Experience difficulty getting up in the morning?
- Feel run-down?
- Feel depressed?
- Feel like crying for no reason?
- Find it difficult to sit quietly (without fidgeting, talking, reading, watching TV, etc)?
- Find it difficult to express your feelings?
- Experience rapid heartbeat or panic?
- Feel moody?
- Feel suicidal or wonder whether life is worth living?
- Have anxiety about not having enough money?
- Fear ill health?
- Fear criticism?
- Fear loss of love?
- Fear old age or death?
- Feel “something is the matter with me” but don’t know what?
- Think you might be “losing it” (going crazy)?
- Finding a Great LGBT-Friendly Therapist or Counselor in NYC
- Finding a Great LGBT Friendly Physician in New York
- LGBT Friendly Gyms and Fitness Classes in NYC
- Finding a Great LGBT Friendly Dentist in NYC
Not happy with your score? Here are some tips on improving your vitality.
12 tips to help you get your vitality back to 100%
Eliminate toxic, inflammatory foods and known allergens from your diet.
Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water daily and eat high water content vegetables.
Make 15 minutes of quiet time during the day, or better yet, meditate.
Go to bed 30 minutes earlier. Aim for 8 hours of sleep each night.
Calm your mind and eyes – avoid texting, watching TV or reading before bed.
When you walk, focus on your breathing, not your cell phone.
Find a yoga class you are excited to go to.
Commit to exercising. Make it something you love to do, and do it.
Consider the Burn & Build Body 14-Day Anti-Aging Detox, it’ll jump start your transition.
Tell the people you love, that you love them.
Alkalinize your body with healthcare treatments such as chiropractic and acupuncture.
Let yourself be fully absorbed by music for 15 minutes, or our favorite – go dancing.
- Write down four changes that you want to achieve. Make thempriority goals.
- If you make one change a week, that’s four sustainable changes in just a month!
Train your mind and your body will follow.
– Burn & Build Body
Want Metrosource LGBTQ content notifications? Sign up for MetroEspresso.
Last modified: May 17, 2019