Welcome to the WorldPride Guide events page. Find Official NYC Pride events, and other things to do in NYC for Pride month in June.
- This event has passed.
Panels from the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt on Display
June 1 - June 30
Since 1987, the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt has served as a memorial for those who have died of AIDS, and to help people understand the devastating impact of the disease. The Quilt is a powerful visual reminder of the AIDS pandemic. More than 48,000 individual 3-by-6-foot memorial panels — most commemorating the life of someone who has died of AIDS — have been sewn together by friends, lovers and family members.
Throughout June, at least 8 East Midtown locations will display AIDS Quilt Panels, including:
- 59E59 Theaters, 59 East 59th Street
- 110 East 59th Street, lobby
- 527 Madison Avenue, lobby gallery
- 875 Third Avenue, lobby
- The A&D Building, 150 East 58th Street
- Central Synagogue, 652 Lexington Avenue
- High School of Art & Design, Kenny Gallery, 245 East 56th Street
- Marriott New York East Side, 525 Lexington Avenue
Thanks to the host sites for making this important display possible… because World Pride is about remembering what has been lost, as well as what has been gained.