Cody’s 6 Habits of Healthy Living
Man cannot thrive on cycling alone. It takes a full routine to keep the mind and body in tip-top shape. Cody shares some of the healthy habits he’s built over the years:
- Aim for 8 hours of sleep every night.
“I try to make this a number one priority, but I’m human so I miss the mark sometimes,” Rigsby says. “A good night’s sleep is absolutely essential to any healthy lifestyle.”
- Never skip breakfast.
“Go for a well-balanced, high-protein breakfast first thing in the morning,” Rigsby shares. “I mix it up between oatmeal, eggs, fruit and other energy-packed standbys.”
- Identify your personal nutrition plan.
“I’m working with a nutritionist who has me counting macros. I’m on a 3,200 calorie per day diet that’s helped me understand the true makeup of the food and the portions I need to get the most out of every meal,” Rigsby explains. “Whichever plan you choose, you need to build habits that keep you eating right.”
- Switch it up.
“When I’m not on the bike, I love lifting weights,” Rigsby offers. “I meet with my body building trainer at Crossfit South Brooklyn three times a week, and he makes sure I spend at least an hour weight lifting and conditioning.”
- Keep up with the cardio.
“Peloton is such a huge part of my fitness routine,” Rigsby says, but he knows many people need motivation to get their cardio. “Truthfully, it was hard to commit to that kind of workout before I became a trainer.”
- Carve out time for meditation.
“My daily meditation practice is what keeps me grounded,” Rigsby says. “I spend between 15 and 30 minutes in meditation everyday, which allows me to see what thoughts are going through my head and what’s pulling me in different directions. Meditation is the key to becoming focused.”
- Finding a Great LGBT-Friendly Therapist or Counselor in NYC
- LGBT Friendly Gyms and Fitness Classes in NYC
- Finding a Great LGBT Friendly Physician in New York
Cody’s Cardio Club Mix
What’s a workout without a slammin’ playlist? Cody’s many years working as a dancer helped him develop an impressive palate for music. From Top 40 to underground club, here’s a Rigsby-inspired soundtrack to keep you sweating:
- “If Madonna Calls” – Junior Vasquez
- “Let Me Be Your Underwear” – Peter Rauhofer
- “Stars” – Honey Dijon feat. Sam Sparro
- “Barbie Tings” – Nikki Minaj
- “Just Dance” (RedOne Remix) – Lady Gaga, Kardinal Offishall
- “If Your Girl Only Knew” – DJ Ashes
- “Real Life” (Kilter Remix) – Duke Dumont, Gorgon City, NAATIONS, Kilter
- “So Emotional” (David Morales Mix) – Whitney Houston, David Morales
- “Slumber Party” (Bad Royale Remix) – Britney Spears, Tinashe, Bay Royale
- “Be Careful” – Cardi B
Want Metrosource LGBTQ content notifications? Sign up for MetroEspresso.
Last modified: May 17, 2019