Doing good never looks as fine as it does when gracing the pages of The Warwick Rowers’ annual calendar. Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, the calendar features the buff bods of the University of Warwick’s men’s rowing team and other rowing athletes stripped down to their bare essentials. Though risqué, their pictures stay on the safe side of explicit (though perhaps not enough to be this year’s desk calendar).More Hot Stories
- Our Big List of PRIDE 2019 Festivals & Celebrations around the World
- A Behind-The-Scenes Look at the World of Show Business
- Did These Big Screen Latin Lovers Secretly Love Men?
- Finding a Great LGBT Friendly Physician in New York
- LGBT Friendly Gyms and Fitness Classes in NYC
- Finding a Great LGBT-Friendly Therapist or Counselor in NYC
Beyond serving as a visual treat to those with discerning eyes, these athletes are raising money to promote LGBTQ and gender equality, and part of the goal behind posing au naturale is to normalize male behavior and interaction historically considered out of place in sports. Their charity, Sports Allies, is also partnering with London Film School and Sky Sports to spread their message about the necessity of inclusion in the world of sports — an area that is increasingly improving, but still has a long way to go. Those looking to support this worthy cause can find the calendar for purchase on warwickrowers.org. Other 10th anniversary specials include a coffee table book and a subscription package to receive video and still images during the year. Woof.
Last modified: January 30, 2019