The boundaries of New York’s Chelsea Neighborhood are roughly 14th Street to the upper 20s, from the Hudson River across to Sixth Avenue. It is one of New York’s premiere gay neighborhoods, and has no shortage of gay bars and clubs, and when you consider its close proximity and overlap with the Meatpacking district, it is certainly the place to go in Manhattan for nightlife. In fact, because both the Hell’s Kitchen and Chelsea neighborhoods have seen such continued explosions of nightspots that are gay-owned or designed to serve the LGBTQ community, a large swath of Manhattan’s West Side is sometimes collectively referred to as “Hellsea.” As a guide for both tourists and locals, we’ve highlighted a few of our favorite gay hangouts in Chelsea. We’ve covered Hell’s Kitchen gay bars in another article. Here’s a map to help you find the nearest gay bar.
- This Chelsea lounge features cool music, cute crowds, wild drag shows and talent competitions hosted on the tiny stage in the rear. Rumor has it Rupaul paid visit to possibly “scout” Bob the Drag Queen at this classic watering hole.
275 W. 22nd St. at Eighth Ave., NYC
Visit their Facebook Page
- Boxers Chelsea
- A big gay sports bar outfitted with flat-screens broadcasting all manner of games, multiple counters, pool tables and a smoking patio out back. A long bar faces a pizza oven dispensing mouth-watering pies to munch on while watching “the game”. Hottest bartenders in town? See for yourself!
37 W. 20th St. between Fifth and Sixth Aves., NYC
- The Eagle
- This dark and cruisy leather-and-Levi’s clubs boasts a great rooftop deck. Some of its popular events include Foot Fetish Mondays, Wednesday Jockstrap Night, and Frisky Saturdays.
554 W. 28th St. between Tenth and Eleventh Aves., NYC
- At this popular after work sports bar, a team of plasma-screen TVs broadcasting the hottest games, a pool table and a basement dugout. Who are those cuties behind the bar? Pop in to get meet and get to know them (you already follow them on IG, after all).
167 Eighth Ave. between 18th and 19th Sts., NYC
- This sexy new-ish Chelsea hangout in the location of the former G Lounge has a industrial décor, a hot staff, and draws all kinds of men (especially local muscle bears).
Looking for something to do? Find the best LGBTQ events in New York this Week.
- These Are 11 Sexy Videos of Attractive Men in Underwear
- These Are 15 Series on Netflix Where You Can See Naked Men
- These Are 17 Films on Netflix with Full Frontal Male Nudity
- LGBT Friendly Gyms and Fitness Classes in NYC
- Finding a Great LGBT Friendly Physician in New York
- Finding an Outstanding LGBT-Friendly Lawyer in New York
Sorry. No data so far.
You can also sign up for MetroEspresso, to get the sexiest Metrosource content sent to your inbox.
Read Next | 19 Best Rooftop Bars in NYC You Need to Visit
Last modified: October 24, 2019